Hospice care can provide peaceful end-of-life transitions to people with serious illnesses. Hospice care not only provides support to the patient, but also provides support to family members. It is a far better alternative for many families when invasive medical care will no longer be curative and when the goal is to make a person’s final days as comfortable and peaceful as possible.
If you believe hospice care is the right approach for your situation, German Law can help you to make your plans for this type of care. Our firm has helped many individuals and families to make their plans to ensure hospice care is provided, to cover the costs of care, and to ensure that all financial affairs are in order before entering into a hospice. Give us a call to find out how we can work with you to prepare and plan for hospice care and to get answers to questions you may have including:
- What should I do when I decide hospice care is the right choice?
- What should be a part of your plans for hospice care?
- How can an attorney help you with hospice care in North Dakota or Minnesota?
What Should You Do When You Decide to Seek Hospice Care?
When you have made the decision to seek hospice care, you should make an advanced healthcare directive to specify what your preferences are and to ensure that you are not given medical care that you do not wish to receive.
You should work with an attorney to find ways to get your hospice care covered, as Medicare, veterans’ benefits and many other types of benefits programs will pay for hospice costs. You want to be able to afford a high quality hospice where you will get the best care and your family will be fully supported.
An experienced attorney can also help you to get all of your other paperwork and legal documents in order so you can protect your assets at the end of your life and control the legacy that you wish to leave behind for the people you love.
What Should be Part of Your Plans for Hospice Care?
German Law assists you in getting hospice care paid for and making your preferences on medical care clear so that there is no question about what you have chosen regarding treatments administered for illness or injury.
Our firm also assists with all of the planning steps that you may wish to take in order to control your legacy when you have made the choice to go to hospice. We can help you to:
- Create a power of attorney and give a trusted person authority to manage assets and make decisions for you when you no longer can act on your own.
- Create a last will and testament to specify how your assets should be distributed among loved ones and causes that matter to you after you pass away.
- Create trusts to provide protection for assets and give you much more control over what happens to your wealth as it passes on to new owners after you are gone.
- Use other estate planning tools, such as pay-on-death accounts, to help your loved ones inherit assets in a timely manner outside of the probate process.
- Make plans for the care of your minor children or the care of your pets once you have entered into hospice and after you have passed away.
These are just some of the many things that German Law will help you to do when you have decided to go into hospice. We will discuss your financial and family situation, as well as your goals for what you want your legacy to be, and we will help you to create and carry out a comprehensive plan to achieve those goals.
How Can an Attorney Help with Hospice Care in North Dakota or Minnesota?
Hospice care is the right choice for many families. If you have decided that hospice care is appropriate in your situation, call German Law. Our compassionate and caring attorneys have provided guidance to individuals and families in North Dakota and Minnesota with the issues that can arise due to choosing hospice care. Give us a call to find out more about how we can help you.