If you or a family member served this country, you deserve all of the benefits that you earned. Unfortunately, many veterans are not aware of all of the different programs and services that they could be entitled to take advantage of, or do not understand how to navigate the complex bureaucracy to claim earned benefits. Accessing these benefits could become even more important as you age, so it is vital that you find out what you are entitled to and take action to claim your benefits.
German Law can help. Our legal team has assisted many veterans throughout North Dakota and Minnesota so those veterans can take advantage of a full array of benefits that help them to deal with health issues and defray costs associated with aging. Our firm can help you to explore benefits that could enhance your quality of life and make care costs lower, and can provide answers to questions you may have about benefits including:
- What kinds of veterans’ benefits may be available to me?
- How can I claim veterans’ benefits that I am entitled to?
- How can a veterans’ benefits lawyer help me to get benefits in North Dakota or Minnesota?
What Kinds of Veterans’ Benefits May be Available to You?
There are many different kinds of veterans’ benefits that could help you with different healthcare and personal needs as you get older. The specific benefits that you should be eligible for can vary based on your income level, your health status, you service record, and a wide variety of other factors. Some of the many VA benefits for the elderly that your service could potentially qualify you for include:
- Aid & Attendance: A&A increases the amount of money provided in a service member’s pension if the service member meets certain qualifying criteria such as being bedridden or living in a nursing home environment due to a need to custodial care. This helps to defray care costs.
- Medical foster care: This benefit helps people who temporarily need help with a medical issue.
- Long-term care services: Veterans can get help finding caregivers in the community and finding a place in a VA nursing home or community nursing home.
- Adult daycare: This can provide help to older veterans with routine activities and can provide supervision and support to seniors to help those seniors to stay in the community for as long as possible, instead of having to move to an institutional environment.
- Caregiver respite services: These services can provide relief to caregivers who are doing the difficult work of providing day-to-day care.
- Hospice care: Hospice is a more peaceful way to transition at the end-of-life, which helps to support both patients who are passing away and their families.
German Law will assist you in determining which of these benefits may be beneficial to you and which you could potentially obtain though the VA. Our firm also provides help with the process of actually applying for the benefits that you are eligible to receive.
How Can I Claim Veterans’ Benefits That You Are Entitled To?
The process of claiming benefits can vary depending upon the specific program(s) or services that you are trying to take part in or trying to obtain. Unfortunately, the VA is a complicated bureaucracy to navigate, with outdated technologies that make it difficult to obtain information about service records.
German Law Firm will help you to work within the bureaucracy to get benefits. We can help you to not only identify the veterans’ benefits programs that you can take part in, but also to submit applications, provide required documentation showing proof of eligibility, and appeal any denial of benefits for which you should be eligible.
Because applying for benefits takes time and people at the VA cannot always provide help getting started, you should work with an attorney as you begin to get older so you start the process of claiming benefits as soon as possible. Your attorney can help you to initiate the process of claiming benefits and will follow up and keep your claim moving forward until you get access to the benefits that you need.
How can a Veterans’ Benefits Lawyer Help You Get Benefits in Minnesota or North Dakota?
Getting older presents many challenges, and taking advantage of veterans’ benefits becomes more important than ever. Whatever your life stage or health situation, German Law can assist you in exploring the different kinds of veterans’ benefits that could help to enhance your life. To find out more about the assistance that we can provide to clients in Minnesota or North Dakota, give us a call today.