Elder law is one of the most misunderstood fields of law. While the name implies that the services provided are meant only for the elderly to take advantage of, the reality is people of all ages throughout Minnesota and North Dakota could benefit from getting legal advice from the elder law attorneys at German Law.
German Law helps with a wide range of issues, from retirement planning to ensuring that your loved ones are safe in the event of your incapacity or death. Whether you’re the parent of a young child, a person getting started in your career, or a senior entering your golden years, our firm will provide you with personalized one-on-one advice that allows you to protect your autonomy, finances and family.
To find out more about the assistance that we can offer and the types of services that an elder law attorney can provide to you, give us a call. Not only will our attorneys help you to make effective use of legal tools to achieve a more secure tomorrow, but we can also answer questions you may have including:
- Who should get help from an elder law attorney?
- What kinds of services does an elder law attorney provide?
- Where can I get help from an elder law attorney in North Dakota or Minnesota?
Who Should Get Help from an Elder Law Attorney?
Virtually everyone should get help from an elder law attorney, because the services this type of attorney provides are needed by anyone with money, a family, or concerns about their future.
- If you want to ensure you have a plan in place for retirement that maximizes tax breaks and gives you the best chance of having enough money to enjoy your golden years, this is something that an elder law attorney can help with.
- If you don’t want to be kept alive by machines or have a feeding tube inserted if you suffer a catastrophic illness or injury, this is something you can address with an elder law attorney to ensure your wishes on medical care are respected when you can no longer speak for yourself about the care you want.
- If you want to leave your money or property to your family or to causes you care about, an elder law attorney helps with that too.
You should talk with an attorney as soon as you begin building a career and are old enough to make your own medical choices. When you get married, have a family, acquire assets, get sick or achieve other life milestones, you can update your plans with your elder law attorney so you always have the protection and peace-of-mind of having a plan in place.
What Kinds of Services does an Elder Law Attorney Provide?
An elder law attorney helps you to use available legal tools to do things like protecting your wealth, providing for your family, and expressing your preferences in advance on important issues in case of incapacity. German Law provides a full range of services aimed at offering the comprehensive help that clients need to plan for all the possibilities that could shape their lives in the future. Our firm can help you to:
- Create a power of attorney so you determine who will manage your assets and make your decisions in the event of incapacity.
- Create trusts to protect your assets, transfer them outside of the probate process, and ensure your heirs or beneficiaries are taken care of as best as possible.
- Make a retirement plan so you have financial security during your golden years, and taking advantage of tax breaks through the use of special accounts like IRAs.
- Make plans to protect young children by naming a guardian and providing financially for them in case something happens to you.
These are just a few of the many services that an elder law attorney can offer to you. The assistance we provide will be tailored to your goals and your life situation.
Where Can I Get Help from an Elder Law Attorney in North Dakota or Minnesota?
German Law is here to help people of all ages in North Dakota or Minnesota. Whenever you need advice about growing your wealth, protecting your assets, planning ahead in case of illness and making plans for your legacy, our firm can provide the help you need. We can take care of technical legal issues on your behalf and advice you on the best course of action to achieve your goals for yourself and your loved ones. Give us a call today to find out more.